Good question. Here are my best lines of reasoning. (Though when it comes down to it there’s just a little bit claustrophiliac mixed with someone who likes trying new things.)
- No mortgage.
- It will save me money by forcing me to live smaller and simpler.
- There will be no buying things just to have them, I must really censor my possessions. It boils life down to essentials.
- There is a lot of design potential in a small space. Nothing can be wasted, everything has a purpose. You can’t afford to have a poorly designed house.
- In a small space you can afford to have nicer things, because you have a whole lot less of them. Quality over quantity.
- It’s mobile. The world is my backyard
- It’s fun and challenging. And doesn’t have to be permanent.
- Finally, less cleaning.